In tomorrow's English lessons (five lessons in a row) I will be talking to groups of pupils about The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. While some pupils are talking to me about the novel, the others will have to work independently in the classroom, and my colleague LK and I have made this lesson plan for them to work on: Poetry lesson plan The plan includes study questions on poems by Emily Dickinson, Margaret Atwood, Robert Frost and Leslie Marmon Silko as well as a task where the pupils are to follow a recipe in order to write their own poem. I have tried to find good readings of the poems (see lesson plan) on youtube, but I didn't really find anything I was very enthusiastic about. Instead, I'd like to share this reading of "A dream deferred" by Langston Hughes:
Building a personal learning network as an early-career teacher
-
Most of what new teachers learn in their first five years comes from other
teachers. Building a deliberate professional network, online and in-person,
is o...
4 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment